Team Profiles

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Red in May (Day 1)

AJ, Andres, Lydia and I are at the red for three days

So far it has been an awesome trip

We went to Drive-By today

Breakfast Burrito - 10d

- all of us got on this one

Make A wish - 10c

- all of us got on this one as well

Hakuna Matata - 12a

- AJ flashed it and I climbed it as well

Spirit Fingers - 11c

- Lydia tried the bottom half of this one

- AJ tried it two times; sent it his second try

- I put it up and the cleaned it on top rope

Yadda Yadda Yadda - 11b

- all of us got on this one

Whip Stocking - 11a

- Aj got really pumped at the top but completed the climb

- Lydia climbed the bottom portion (first 4 or 5 clips) and learned how to lead belay

- I climbed it as well

Easy Rider - 13a

- Rachel convinced me to get on this one, she even stick clipped the first bolt for me – it was an awesome climb, psyched to get back to it with some more endurance and try to send it!

Best part of the day was to see Rachel, who I have not seen in a long time. She improved my kids belaying skills and taught Lydia to lead belay. It was really awesome having her around all day, climbing and chatting and catching up on life.

We will see what tomorrow brings!!

Also, we ended up taking the back roads out from Drive-By! That was really exciting and sometime that we don't do too often anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment